Roehampton regeneration – documents that may be of interest
If, like us, you’ve struggling through the mire of emails and websites to try and find out whom, and which is group, is saying what about the regeneration, then hopefully this webpage will assist you. From one resident we’ve had the following feedback “The site should become the go-to place for us to know what’s going on. It would save everybody a lot of bother if the council automatically sent you any relevant document (or link to such). That way, anything not voluntarily forwarded, we’d know they are trying to keep quiet about”.
Going forward we’ll try to update this page with information about the Roehampton Regeneration that is available from the various groups. We can’t guarantee that we will capture all information here, though we shall do what we can.
Feedback we’ve had a Councillor regarding the prominence of the Roehampton Partnership within the regeneration process was that “The Roehampton Partnership is the key consultative body for the Roehampton Regeneration”. When asked about the lack of information available on this key consultative body the response “You are also right in thinking that information on the Roehampton Partnership on the Wandsworth Council website is rather sparse”. Shame it’s taken a resident from the Alton Estate to highlight this………………….
Remaining 2014 meetings:
- Friday 11 July 10:30 am to 12:30 – this will have “a presentation of the latest stage in the borough council’s production of a Master Plan for the future of the Alton Estate”.Meeting held at the Kairos Centre, Mount Angelos Road, off Danebury Avenue, Roehampton SW15 4JA. (Shame it’s during the day as there’s a few people that would have to take time off work to see this presentation………………….)
- Thursday 25 September 5:30pm to 8pm
- Friday 7 November 10.30am to 12.30
Information regarding the Roehampton Forum’s views on the Roehampton Regeneration are as follows;
- 7th March 2014 – draft Minutes of the Meeting (We’ve asked the Secretary for the final version)
- 15th May 2014 – we’ve asked the Secretary for the draft Minutes.
- 29th May 2014 – Special Forum about Roehampton University’s plans – we’ve asked whether there will be Minutes issued.
- 4th April 2014 – Forum’s letter to the Council regarding the Preferred Options
The Putney Society
This group seems to be the only one which is asking any probing questions about the Roehampton Regeneration. Have a look and see what you think….
- 19th September 2012 – The Putney Society’s response Regenerating Roehampton
- 23rd October 2013 – Views on what the Council needs to consider
- 9th April 2014 – Feedback on the Preferred Option
- May 2014 – The Bulletin (refer to page 2)
The Roehampton Voice
Shame this is not published online, so we’ve taken upon ourselves to put it online starting with April (because that’s when we started to scan them!).
Let’s see what the Labour Party have had to say about the regeneration. It’s been commented that this regeneration process is a ‘farce’ but what is being done about it?
Let’s see what the Conservatives have had to say about the regeneration. Not a lot, we’ve seen just the one example.
- May 2014 – just before the elections is the first time the Regeneration is mentioned as a resident concern, with Danebury Avenue being highlighted)
What did UKIP say prior during the 2014 Council campaign.
- May 2014 – ‘against over development of Roehampton.
Local Council Election results
There are various Council documents. They will be added in due course.
What to do if you have any thoughts about the Consultation.
Email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors;
Peter Carpenter – email@example.com
Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk
Please do copy us in at firstname.lastname@example.org as we’d love to see how this ‘consultation’ progresses and what concerns the residents of the estate. Or email us separately. We are going to share some of the feedback we’ve had soon.