How long does it take to change a light bulb on the Alton Estate?
It was noticed that a light bulb on the side of 2-24 Greatham Walk was not working for some time. So, the Council was notified, and it still is not repaired.
So far, what has happened…….
- 26th October – sent an email to the Council about the light bulb notifying it that it had not been working for at least two weeks already.
- 10th November – No reply and the light bulb is still not working. So, sent a follow up email asking about when the light bulb will be changed.
- 19th November – still no response from the Council and sent another email chaser with a eight other light bulbs out of action.
- 23rd November – response from Council that replacements have been placed with the electrical contractors
- 28th November – have emailed the Council when this light (and others) will be repaired
- 1st December – received an email from the Council stating that electrical contractors are aware of the situation, some of the fittings require complete replacement, the matter is to be expedited.
- 1st December – having a quick peak at the light on this building it seems it has been repaired.
This is what was required to have ONE light bulb changed through repeated follow ups with the Council.
Is this managing the estate?
So, for those of you that had a guess as to the when the light bulb would be fixed, the closest date selected was 31 November, which appears to the closest, well done!
Email us at – email@example.com – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
Peter Carpenter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk
Or email the Wandsworth Council team managing the ‘regeneration’
Team Roehampton – Roehampton@wandsworth.gov.uk