Want to know how to ask a query under a Freedom of Information?
A regular query which pops up is how to request the Council to answer queries under a Freedom of Information request. This blog entry will answer this query and provide you some other bits and pieces of information you may, or may not, be aware of.
The Freedom of Information has been used to find out a lot of information regarding Roehampton and the Alton Estate. If you have any questions you would like to have answered and may not be getting the answers you are after, then maybe this option may be of interest to you.
How to make a request under a Freedom of Information request?
Email the Council at the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – with the query you have in mind, though before you do you should read the answer to the next question.
Where can I find out more about Freedom of Information requests?
The Council has a section on its website which provides the following information;
- Details of the various Freedom of Information requests it receives each month and you can even ask for the responses to the questions posed to it.
- Some general information about the Freedom of Information Act
- Full details about how to request the information
- How long does it take to receive a response
- Details of situations where information will not be supplied
- Whether or not there will be charges (though in a majority of cases there are no charges)
This information is located at – http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/200316/open_data_and_transparency/509/freedom_of_information_act
To see what questions have been asked since January 2013 this information is located at – http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/downloads/download/929/freedom_of_information_requests
Email us at – email@example.com – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
Peter Carpenter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk
Or email the Wandsworth Council team managing the ‘regeneration’
Team Roehampton – Roehampton@wandsworth.gov.uk