Roehampton University planning application 2016/5377
It seems that Roehampton University is again testing the parameters of what is acceptable with regards to student car parking requirements. There was the portacabins by Whitelands College (2016-1385) then the Travel Plan (2016-4901).
As far as we know, there are hardly any resident parking permits in the local area.
The link below refers to the areas that do have such restrictions, these being the location of parking zones.
Questions to consider:
- What is the point discouraging students from parking in the area, as these are only words?
- Are students really restricted from parking in the area? They could still park their car on the Alton Estate.
- This plan is to do with Elm Grove Students Halls and that is 358 rooms. Imagine if 10% of these students have cars, that is 36 cars, and where do they park?
- Is this the University really taking responsibility for its own requirements?
How to comment on a planning application
- Roehampton University Travel Plan 2014-2019 (part 2)
- Roehampton University Travel Plan 2014-2019
- Weekly Council Planning applications and decisions – September 3rd
- Roehampton University seeking planning permission for cabins near Parkstead House (part 13)
Email us at – email@example.com – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email us to join the (almost) weekly newsletter which tries to highlight what’s been happening in Roehampton.
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
Peter Carpenter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk
Or email the Wandsworth Council team managing the ‘regeneration’
Team Roehampton – Roehampton@wandsworth.gov.uk
For a different view of Roehampton, especially the Alton Estate
Alton Regeneration Watch website – http://www.altonwatch.org.uk/page5.html
Alton Regeneration Watch Twitter – https://twitter.com/altonwatch