Given the recent series of planning applications by Roehampton University the following questions have been raised with this institution.
“As a resident of the Alton Estate and the recent acknowledgement by the University of Roehampton that it does “understand the pressure on parking cars in Roehampton” (as stated as part of planning application 2016/5377 letter dated 14th September 2016 signed by Dr Ghazwa Alwani-Starr) following queries are asked of the University;
- What is the current maximum capacity of resident students in the Roehampton & Putney Heath ward that the University can accommodate?
- Has the University conducted any analysis of how many of these resident students have a car?
- If the answer to question 2 is yes, can the University share this analysis?
- If the answer to question 2 is no, can the University explain the reason for not having done this?
- If the answer to question 2 is no, does the University have plans to conduct such an analysis?
- If the answer to question 5 is no, what is the explanation for not conducting such an analysis?
- Given that resident students are not permitted to park their cars on campus can the University provide an explanation of where the resident students park their cars?
- If the answer to question 7 is no, does the University intend to carry out such an analysis?
- If the answer to question 8 is no, then please explain the reason for not doing so.
- Regarding the wording “we strongly discourage students from bringing their cars on campus” it is asked that the University detail how it discourages students from parking on campus.
- Regarding the wording “The University’s contract with resident students prohibits them from applying for a residents parking permit in the local area”, is the University aware that such permits are limited to a very small part of Roehampton as highlighted by the following Council webpage – http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/200459/parking_zones/218/locations_of_parking_zones/11 ?
- Given that planning application 2016/1385 and 2016/4901 are connected to this planning application in that they involve car parking as a concern as expressed by residents. Will the University seek to address these concerns with residents?
- If the answer to question 12 is yes, then please explain how this will be done.
14. If the answer to question 13 is no, then please explain the reason for not doing so”.
- Roehampton University planning application 2016/5377
- Roehampton University Travel Plan 2014-2019 (part 2)
- Roehampton University Travel Plan 2014-2019
- Weekly Council Planning applications and decisions – September 3rd
- Roehampton University seeking planning permission for cabins near Parkstead House (part 13)
Email us at – email@example.com – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email us to join the (almost) weekly newsletter which tries to highlight what’s been happening in Roehampton.
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
Peter Carpenter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk
Or email the Wandsworth Council team managing the ‘regeneration’
Team Roehampton – Roehampton@wandsworth.gov.uk
For a different view of Roehampton, especially the Alton Estate
Alton Regeneration Watch website – http://www.altonwatch.org.uk/page5.html
Alton Regeneration Watch Twitter – https://twitter.com/altonwatch