The below refers to a Freedom of Information ask which has been made of the Council with regards to the Norstead Place cattle trough. Let’s see what the response will be.
“This is a follow up to Freedom of Request 2016/13735.
A letter (dated 4 November 2016) has been sighted which is from the Drinking Fountain Association. This letter states the following – “We did write to the Chief Executive of Wandsworth Council in June last year asking whether the Council had any intention to restore the trough and asking for their view of if it would be used in its present location. The Council replied saying it was no longer under their jurisdiction and was now under the control of Transport for London who agreed to its removal”.
As a result of this letter the following questions/asks are raised:
- Please provide a copy of the letter which the Drinking Fountain Association sent to the Chief Executive of Wandsworth Council in June last year.
- Please provide a copy of the response which the Council provided to the Drinking Fountain Association.
- When did the Council hand control of the cattle trough to Transport for London?
- Please provide the documentation which ceded control of the cattle trough to Transport for London”.
To track progress refer to this link – https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/norstead_place_cattle_trough
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 5) – the gravel has been tidied up
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 4) – follow up Freedom of Information questions have been sent to the Council
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 3) – Council responds to Freedom of Information questions
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 2) – Freedom of Information questions to the Council
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 1) – The Norstead Place cattle trough was to be locally listed though was removed without notice to residents.
Email us at – email@example.com – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email us to join the (almost) weekly newsletter which tries to highlight what’s been happening in Roehampton.
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
Peter Carpenter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk
Or email the Wandsworth Council team managing the ‘regeneration’
Team Roehampton – Roehampton@wandsworth.gov.uk
For a different view of Roehampton, especially the Alton Estate
Alton Regeneration Watch website – http://www.altonwatch.org.uk/page5.html
Alton Regeneration Watch Twitter – https://twitter.com/altonwatch