On the other side of the Alton Estate, just outside of it though within Richmond Park is another cattle trough. Have you ever noticed it?
The ‘Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association’ has this mentioned on its website though the photo is slightly out of date. Have a look and see if you can spot the difference.
Related articles (regarding the drinking fountain):
- University’s portacabin planning application heats up – contains a mention about the Norstead Place cattle trough
- Missing cattle trough has gotten interesting
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 5) – the gravel has been tidied up
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 4) – follow up Freedom of Information questions have been sent to the Council
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 3) – Council responds to Freedom of Information questions
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 2) – Freedom of Information questions to the Council
- The case of the missing cattle trough (part 1) – The Norstead Place cattle trough was to be locally listed though was removed without notice to residents.
Email us at – email@example.com – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email us to join the (almost) weekly newsletter which tries to highlight what’s been happening in Roehampton.
For a different view of Roehampton, especially the Alton Estate
Alton Regeneration Watch website – http://www.altonwatch.org.uk/page5.html
Alton Regeneration Watch Twitter – https://twitter.com/altonwatch