One document which is frequently referred to when discussing water sprinklers is the Fire Risk Assessment.
- What are Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs)?
“The Council is legally required to carry out FRAs which cover the communal areas of the block (not individual properties). Flat entrance doors form part of the protection to the common escape route so these are included in the assessment. The purpose of the assessment is to evaluate the risk to people from fire, taking into account existing fire safety measures, and to determine whether additional measures are necessary.
- Who undertook the Fire Risk Assessments?
From the Fire Risk Assessments seen so far they were undertaken by Ridge – www.ridge.co.uk .
- Section 2.6.8
So far, having seen five of the Alton Estate’s FRAs, four of them have section 2.6.8 which has the question – “Are sprinkler systems present?” and the answer is “Not required”. The fifth FRA, did not have any questions for the same section beyond 2.6.2.
- How to ask for a FRA?
The following are only suggestions;
- One is to ask the Housing Management – email@example.com
- Or, one can ask your Estate Manager.
Or if you have another idea, then please do let us know.
Email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email us to join the (almost) weekly newsletter which tries to highlight what’s been happening in Roehampton.
For a different view of Roehampton, especially the Alton Estate
- Alton Regeneration Watch website – http://www.altonwatch.org.uk/page5.html
- Alton Regeneration Watch Twitter – https://twitter.com/altonwatch
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
- Peter Carpenter – email@example.com
- Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
- Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk