With the regeneration of the Alton Estate progressing, it was thought it might be time to highlight some of what has gone on in the past should similar issues pop up again.
In December 2008, Councillor Bowes presented a petition to the Council which read as follows;
“Stuart King’s Danebury Avenue traffic consultation. I oppose the Danebury Avenue
traffic barrier being removed for any vehicles.”
In the letter accompanying the petition the results of the ballot are provided as follows: –
- Option 1: Opposing the barrier being removed for any vehicles: 77%
- Option 2: Supporting the barrier being removed for buses only: 19 %
- Option 3: Supporting the barrier being removed for all vehicles: 4%”
Rather than summarise the findings and outcome, have a read of the document yourself and leave a comment with your thoughts.
Email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org – and let us know of any concerns/thoughts you may have or add a comment at the end of the blog entry in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section.
Or email us to join the (almost) weekly newsletter which tries to highlight what’s been happening in Roehampton.
For a different view of Roehampton, especially the Alton Estate
- Alton Regeneration Watch website – http://www.altonwatch.org.uk/page5.html
- Alton Regeneration Watch Twitter – https://twitter.com/altonwatch
Or email your Roehampton and Putney Heath Councillors at;
- Peter Carpenter – email@example.com
- Jeremy Ambache – JAmbache@wandsworth.gov.uk
- Sue McKinney – SMcKinney@wandsworth.gov.uk